There are many dental implant options available, and each one is designed to match specific needs. Whether you’re looking to improve your appearance, speech, or confidence, implants can present many advantages. However, it’s important to consult a qualified dentist who can help you make an informed decision. To help you get started, here are a few basic facts about dental implants from our team in the Kingston New York area.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are a common and effective replacement for a missing tooth or damaged tooth. They are surgical components that adhere to the jawline to keep artificial teeth, or crowns, held in place. Implants act as roots that, once healed in your jawbone, will eventually connect to an artificial tooth or bridge.
Many people confuse implants with artificial teeth, but they are actually the screwlike anchors that hold replacement teeth to the jawbone. These anchors hold the replacement tooth or bridge to the gumline just like natural roots! The result is replacement teeth that look and feel natural.
What are the advantages?
Here are a few advantages of implants versus dentures.
- Improves Appearance: Dental implants with attached, artificial teeth are meant to look and feel like your natural teeth!
- Your Speech will Improve: Dentures aren’t the best option for a tooth replacement because they need to be replaced every few years and can slip and cause discomfort.
- They are Durable: Dental Implants are not removable and do not need adhesives to stay in place.
- Confidence: Implants boost confidence! Not only do they make smiling, eating, and speaking more comfortable and natural—dental implants improve your smile. Hear what patients are saying about their new implants!
So, how can you tell if you might benefit from implants? If you are missing a tooth or several teeth you are likely a good candidate. But there are other factors, too.
Consider dental implants if you:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have missing teeth that are affecting your daily life
- Are frustrated with your current dentures
- Are unable to eat certain foods you love or have to modify the way you chew
- Are looking to find relief from discomfort of missing teeth and/or dentures
- Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
- Are lacking confidence in your appearance due to your smile
Please contact us below to schedule your consultation.