This year has been bizarre, unpredictable, and most of all “unprecedented”. Amidst the craziness, we as a team have grown stronger while facing new challenges together. Many things have changed, but the one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to our patient’s safety. We’re excited to announce that the Hudson Valley Magazine named us the Best Dentist in the Hudson Valley! On March 20th, the Governor of New York signed the New York State on PAUSE Executive Order which limited our services to patients. Finally, on June 9th, all dental practices were open for non-emergent care.
Since March, our team at Woodstock General & Implant Dentistry has made infection control a top priority. We actively monitor the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). With the year coming to an end, we as a community, need to remain vigilant. This virus is on the rise and by following safety guidelines, we can combat this together. Our office and team members are doing their part because we know that your health matters.
Here are our enhanced infection control procedures that we are strictly enforcing:
- We are enforcing social distancing between office employees and are assessing the health status of all our employees daily. Rest assured that if any employee shows signs or symptoms of illness that they will not be reporting to work. You will also notice that we will be wearing additional personal protective equipment and all employees will always be masked.
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask COVID-19 screening questions.
- Access to the reception area will be suspended until further notice. Please note that only the patient receiving treatment that day will be allowed in the building.
- Upon arrival at your appointment, you will be asked to wait in your car and call the office. A team member will meet you at the front door and escort you into the building when we are ready for you.
- Upon arrival, your temperature will be taken, and you will be rescreened for COVID-19. Only those who pass this screening will be allowed entry to our facility. You will always be required to wear a mask except for when treatment is being rendered.
- Should you require use of the restroom during your visit, you will be escorted to the restroom and it will be disinfected immediately following use. As such, we advise patients to please use the restroom at home prior to arrival whenever possible.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Please be patient with us as we work to navigate through these new challenges.
- We ask that payment be made in the form of credit card or check to minimize the handling of cash.
- We now have HEPA air filtration units in each operatory throughout the building. These units also have Zeolite filtration for elimination of VOCs and other chemical vapors.
- Additionally, we have adopted Hypochlorous acid disinfectant technology. This safe and scientifically proven disinfectant is capable of killing COVID-19 as well as other infectious materials will be used in an aerosolized form to disinfect the air after each patient appointment along with nightly fogging of the office to ensure patient safety without the introduction of harmful/caustic chemicals.
By following these precautions, we will be able to go into the new year, happy and healthy. Have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year.
All the best,
Dr. Claudia Patch & the Woodstock General Dentistry Team