If you’re unhappy with your smile, you should consider the benefits of cosmetic dentistry! Until recently, cosmetic dentistry was usually costly and rare. But thanks to advances in technology, cosmetic dental treatments are now widely available and affordable.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Veneers: A veneer is a layer of material placed over a tooth. Veneers can improve the aesthetics of a smile and protect the tooth’s surface from damage. This is an affordable option for anyone looking to restore one to a few teeth.
- Full Mouth Dental Implants: This procedure involves placement of four to six dental implants in the upper jaw or four to six implants in the lower jaw. This is a non-removable option for replacing missing teeth, and can be created from many plaque and damage-resistant materials, such as Prettau® Zirconia.
- Porcelain and Metal Crowns: A crown is a type of dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant. Crowns can be made from many different materials, though we most frequently use zirconia.
- Crown Lengthening: This is a procedure to adjust the gingival display (the ratio of your gums to your teeth when you smile) and reduce gum tissue.
- Teeth Whitening: Lightens and changes the intrinsic color of a tooth for a brighter appearance.
With the right treatment, you can enhance the appearance of your teeth and smile. Whether you have chipped, stained, or missing teeth, there’s a treatment that’s right for you. By investing in cosmetic dentistry, you’re helping yourself in a few key ways.
Improved Oral Health
Misaligned bites or misshapen, crooked, or missing teeth can lead to oral health problems. Chewing becomes more difficult and can lead to jaw pain and TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder). Left untreated, these oral issues can lead to gum disease and tooth decay. However, treatments like porcelain veneers can help repair your bite. Fixing cosmetic issues now reduces your risk of more oral health risks later – saving you money in the long run.
When dealing with dental issues, you can often feel reluctant to show your smile. You might avoid social gatherings, smile with your mouth closed, and feel less confident overall. Thankfully, cosmetic dentistry can help boost your self-confidence. With a new smile, you’ll smile more often, speak with confidence, and be ready to tackle your day, every day. Your new self-confidence can carry over into every part of your life – including your job!
Accessibility & Affordability
Cosmetic dentistry is constantly evolving, and with every advancement, treatment becomes even more accessible and affordable. If you’ve been to the dentist recently and were told that you weren’t a fit for a specific cosmetic treatment, we recommend you ask again. There’s no better time for a second opinion, because today’s dental technologies and techniques are more effective than ever before. A trained cosmetic dentist can improve any smile, whether it’s with a whitening or a full mouth restoration. With modern dentistry techniques, there’s simply no problem that is unfixable.
A Small Treatment Can Make a World of Difference
Many patients are surprised by how much of a difference cosmetic dentistry can make in their appearance. By restoring a chipped tooth or replacing missing teeth, you can dramatically improve your smile. Even whitening your teeth professionally can take years off your appearance. At the end of the day, you deserve a smile that you feel good about. Why spend time hiding your smile when the solution might be a quick appointment to have a tooth restored?
We’re ready to help you create the smile you’ve always wanted! Schedule a consultation with us today to explore the benefits of cosmetic dentistry.